Old 06-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
I called JC technical support and they told me to try unplugging the telephone cord connection on the back of the thermostat to do a restart, and then plug it back in. Didn't work for mine. I just tried F C streamers fix, ( I was hoping )and that didn't work either, for mine. Congratulations on fixing yours, wish mine was that simple, it's hot out here!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Very good, thank you FCStreamer.

2016 30' Flying Cloud / 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Llando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the summary FCStreamer, and glad you are chillin' !

The instruction books included with each trailer's owner's manual and paperwork should have the reset procedures, no? I seem to recall a separate booklet for our thermostat and will check tomorrow. One zone only here though.

PS edit -- P. 2 of this manual seems to have the reset process for the Dometic multi-zone stat:

Perhaps there is nothing like this in the trailer's paperwork attaché case?

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #32
Airstreamer In Training

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I wouldn't have though that resetting the thermostat would have fixed an AC that was not cooling. The perspective of a pro is always welcome.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
When my phone or computer is not acting right, I automatically do a hard re-boot. Ditto for cable boxes/modems and WIFI routers. Unplug 'em and see if they re-boot correctly.

The stat is just another little computer, which controls everything in its "network."

Hey, at the risk of being morbid all of a sudden -- is death just another hard re-boot?

Have a good weekend!

PS -- OT -- Do all the iPhone users know how to do a hard re-boot? Apple never advertised it but it can fix a lot of hidden problems IMO. Clean the Safari cache and history (in Settings), then hold the Home button and the On/Off button down simultaneously for 10-20 seconds until you see a white apple come up on the screen. Let go of both buttons, and your phone will be faster and happier . . .
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #34
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
If you have 'hard' issues in your A/C unit, resetting the CCC-II will do nothing to solve the problem.

A refrigerant leak, burnt start capacitor it makes-functioning compressor or relay board require expert diagnostics and usually parts replacement.

Of course, it never hurts to try the simplest remedy first. :-))

Lew Farber
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installations
Lifeline AGM Batteries**Magnum Inverters***Victron Energy Components

Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote