Old 09-14-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
Wagon Master

Cool A/C install question

I don't have a factory unit. So i need to cut a 14X14 hole in the roof. The problem is: I here that in '65 or '68 they started to per-wire for a/c if it was put on or not. Is this true? if so where is the connection in the roof ( I looked at the 110 pannel and it only has 2 breakers an 2 lines leaving it). Question 2: How much can the unit weigh? I am looking at the new Carrier Heatpump, 15,000+ BTU plus a heat strip for colder weather. Or the Tundra split unit ( I have had this style before in some Class 8 trucks). It uses a small roof top unit but all the A/C lines have to be run through the wall down to the othe half of the unit. It is lighter up top but takes up interior room and is A/C only.

Any Advice???

Igor

Old 09-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Southlake , Texas
I had the Penguin 13,500 btu installed on my last trailer, 24' Tradewind. The factory said it was prewired, we searched and it wasn't. Unfortunately the installer just wired it into a circuit that had outlets and other stuff on it. On the '67 and maybe yours, there's aluminum wiring. The installer did not use the proper Aluminum to Copper connectors and anti oxidant coating. I liked the Penguin, low profile, low power needs. Ended up having a friend help run a dedicated circuit with it's own breaker box. Make sure you check all your connections if you have aluminum wiring. There's web sites you can hit on how to.

Warning: (20%)
Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off