Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Wimberley , Texas
I found an old thread that talked about the gasket. Someone had upgraded the A/C and installed the new one without a gasket and very little caulking. When it was running it was drawing outside humid air and creating a great deal of condensation. I installed a new gasket and it pushed down too hard on the drip pan, which extends outward beyond the gasket causing it to crack. I lifted the a/c back up and removed the section of gasket on each side where it crossed the drip pan. I patched the crack in the drip pan and buttoned everything up. Hopefully it will work properly. I appreciate the posts and I wanted to pass on what I found. Thanks

Old 08-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #16

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
What if your Carrier Air V has no drip pan to attach the drain hose to? How does one get and then install said drip pan? Help please!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
There is a soft rubber tube that comes out under the wheel well on the curb side (you have to really look for it. Take a compressor and blow alittle air up into it and it should un-stop it. I had that problem too. And that was the fix.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
panama city , Florida
Should the front area in the pan be full of water. It looks like there are two separate collecting areas ( one around the intake in front of the coils and one behind the coils) and only the rear area has the drain?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
I had the same problem. After reinstalling the a/c unit two times and checking everything we could think of, the 3rd person who looked at my problem took the shroud off and put some insulation around the copper tube. No more leakes and I think I'm getting better service from the a/c unit.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Wimberley , Texas
Carrier AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENovaters View Post
What if your Carrier Air V has no drip pan to attach the drain hose to? How does one get and then install said drip pan? Help please!
Hi, I really am not sure of anything but I will let you know what I have heard. The Carrier a/c does not require a pan. It has a built in pan that when it accumulates water the outside fan atomizes the water and blows the water out. No need for a drain, and you don't have the streaks from water running down the side of the camper either. I read in an old post that it was possible to drill a drain hole in the bottom of the unit and attach a fitting so it can be ran to the drain hose. I honestly dont know which is better. I would be tempted to try without the drain hose first. Good luck, let us know what you do. Grumpycamper
Old 08-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
panama city , Florida
Actually the pan is sold by Airstream I think ( I could only get it from the Airstream dealer in Houston, and it is made specifically for the penguin as I recall. It sits under the unit itself. But the penguin unit has two water tray sections, one in front of the coil and one behind. It is the front one (intake side) that is filling (and I presume spilling). The rear section has a drain spout that spills into the pan and down the hose in the Airstream. What I do not know is, IS THERE SUPPOSED TO BE COMMUNICATION BTWEEN THE TWO SECTIONS SO THE CONDENSATION IN THE INTAKE SIDE WILL FLOW TO THE COOL SIDE AND OUT THE DRAIN?????
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Wimberley , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnistream View Post
Actually the pan is sold by Airstream I think ( I could only get it from the Airstream dealer in Houston, and it is made specifically for the penguin as I recall. It sits under the unit itself. But the penguin unit has two water tray sections, one in front of the coil and one behind. It is the front one (intake side) that is filling (and I presume spilling). The rear section has a drain spout that spills into the pan and down the hose in the Airstream. What I do not know is, IS THERE SUPPOSED TO BE COMMUNICATION BTWEEN THE TWO SECTIONS SO THE CONDENSATION IN THE INTAKE SIDE WILL FLOW TO THE COOL SIDE AND OUT THE DRAIN?????
Omnistream, the Duo Therm Penguin and the Carrier A/C are completely different. What is the problem you are trying to correct?