Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #1

1996 25' Excella
davis , California
'96 Excella thermostat replacement/upgrade

Has anyone out there attempted to replace the (four-point, or four button) thermostat with what has been upgraded to a five-point thermostat? I thought it would be as simple as changing out the thermostat on the wall, but it comes with a whole new control center which needs to be installed as well. My first question is, where does the new control center go? There doesn't seem to be anything similar that I've removed to make room for it after I have removed the cover for the interior ac/heating unit to get to the wiring for the old control box. The whole project is pretty confusing. Any insights would be much appreciated. The thermostat is by DuoTherm.
bobjackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duotherm, thermostat, excella

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)