Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
The New Guy

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
San Diego , California
Question 89' 345LE Furnace Problems

I have posted about this problem in one other place but I figured maybey this area would be better. My front furnace in my coach quit working after days of use. I took it in to Chevy to get the tranny leak checked out (just a couple of clamps) and after I brought her home and tried to fire up the furnace it wouldn't come on. There is a yellow wire coming off the furnace that I am sure was connected to some other wires that may have jiggled out of the wire nut. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
~~Adam
ahmarquis8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Adam,
A few questions:

1. Does the fan blow?
2. If the fan blows does it then just shutoff after a few minutes?
3. Have you cycled the thermostat all the way down and then all the way up?
4. Any LP in the tank?
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
The New Guy

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
San Diego , California
Well, I think I fixed it. To answer your questions...the fan would not come on. I did cycle the thermostat but not all the way up and down. Have plenty of LP in the tank. There was that lone yellow wire, well after fidgeting around a bit I founf a lone white wire with a wire nut on the end of it. I thought that since it had the wire nut it was probably connected to another wire at some point in time. So I put the yellow wire with the white wire and tried the furnace again. Wall-lah! It works. One problem I have had with it sine I bought it though is that the furnace never shuts off when it gets to the temp I have it set at. The one in the back does but the one in the front doesn't. Maybe it's the thermostat itself? I dunno?

~~Adam
ahmarquis8 is offline   Reply With Quote