Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Benvenito

1965 26' Overlander
Chatfield , Minnesota
'65 Overlander no power to A/C or outlets

Well, I've discovered both the A/C and all the 110 plug in outlets on my '65 Airstream Overlander are without power. Breakers look good. Fuses look good. Pulled out switch on A/C and there's no power to it. HELP!!! It's over 90 in there and I'm redoing subflooring and tiling! thanks!

"Ask not what your Airstream can do for you,
but what you can do for your Airstream."
[apologies to JFK]

"It's not the destination, but the journey."
Benvenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
You can do what I did to trace down your problem. Do you have power to the breakers? Input and output? If not then trace back farther, the line to your electric supply plug does it have power? Check the breaker at the house. I found that all of mine were hot. So it had to be the thermostat. But yours must before it even gets to the AC. Keep checking until you find where the power is hot and the problem should the next thing in line that isn't. Just because the fuses look good does mean that there is power to them. If you don't have a circuit tester get one. Even one of those cheap little ones that cost a few dollars would be fine. I have a professional one but that is because I use it in my work. I alway carry one of those little ones in my tool box just in case.