Old 10-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Santa Monica , California
62 Globetrotter

I finally have the money and time to start but, there's no owners manual so I'm kind of lost.

I'd feel better if I replaced the heater. Anyone know what I should be replacing the heater with?

Thanks.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Welcome aboard

Congrats on the airstream (trailer/coach or what have you)! The best thing I can recomend is getting familiar with the forum, its members and how it operates. There is an entire section on frequently asked questions (regarding the forum) that you may want to spend some time reading. After that, I suggest you look at old posting in the various threads for the information you are after. You can almost bet anything you want to know about has been discussed from 4 different angles already. On the blue tool bar that starts on the far left with "Portal" you will also find a pull down item labled "Search". This feature searches all the posted messages. It can be a bit clunky, but I think you will find it gets you where you want to be more often than not. I would spend alot of time at this stage just reading and thinking out how you want your airstream to look and work in the end before you ever start working on it. Anyway, thats what I suggest. Good luck.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Santa Monica , California
Gen disarray

Thanks. I'll try thać. Looks like yours is encredible original condition.
-Maya
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya
I finally have the money and time to start but, there's no owners manual so I'm kind of lost.

I'd feel better if I replaced the heater. Anyone know what I should be replacing the heater with?

Thanks.
First, and just so you don't go nuts trying to find one, is that Airstreams prior to 1964 model year had no owner's manuals, or service manuals. The best you can hope for is the operating manuals for the various appliances.
Now, does your furnace work at all, or is it DOA? Does it make strange noises, or smoke? It IS supposed to turn on for a few minutes, before the blower kicks on, if that is what it is doing.
If you have an air conditioner, and it doesn't work either, you can get a new A/C unit with a heat strip in it. I have used one of these when the temp got down into the 40's, and it kept the trailer nice and toasty. In fact, I had to get up and turn it off in the middle of the night.