Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2016, 10:29 AM   #1

2005 30' Safari
Clinton , Washington
2005 2" Heat Vent goes to Where?

Hello. My furnace has a two inch line coming off of it and going into the floor. Back by the bathroom there is a two inch line coming out of the floor which T's into the 4" line used to heat the bathroom. It looks like they wanted to add a little extra hot air to the bathroom. The problem is that when the furnace blows into the 2" line, nothing comes out the other end. Either it's crushed in the floor or I don't understand what the line is for. Anyone know? I've attached a pic.

Thanks
RDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Are you sure it's not the hose used to heat the belly pan to keep the tanks from freezing?
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #3

2005 30' Safari
Clinton , Washington
That could be the case. All I know know is what I originally stated. What's odd to me is that the fresh and grey tanks are mounted below the belly pan and running heat above them seems like it would do little good. Also, why would no air blow out of what appears to be the other end of the pipe coming out of the floor in the back. Is that system designed to leak air out the seams or something? It's a little crazy making not understanding how the system is supposed to work.
RDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Yes the front 2" hose heats the fresh tank and the rear 2 " hose heats the black and gray tanks.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
You say it's a 2005, that's a lot of time to build a nice nest in there.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote