Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #1
Airstream Infant

1988 34' Excella
Wichita , Kansas
1988 Furnace Ducting?

I'm reaching out to the masses here. I have a 1988 34' Excella, center bath (roadside), twin beds. The PO removed the furnace. Somewhere along the line the ducting has all been removed as well. As I intend to replace the furnace I need to know where all the original ducting went. From the leftover holes and hours of reading posts my assumption is that there was a 4" going to the bedroom under the curbside bed, one 4" going to the bath, one 4" going to front of the trailer under the oven, and last, but not least, at least one 2" going into the belly pan to keep the tanks/plumbing from freezing. What am I missing?
KF850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Howdy!
I have a different 34'.. 1999 Excella.. Center Bath, Streetside galley, rear Queen bed. Front to rear I have all at the floor level outlets:
- front of Galley cabinet facing bow
- under sink, facing the dinette
- in Bath, just AFT of the shower
- in rear Bedroom on Streetside.

I do not know how much is ducted or where, under the belly. However, I do believe that it should be ducted near the fresh water tank, or between the fresh and black tanks.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
My 86 Limited has two furnaces. The front furnace under the stove has two very short 4" ducts exhausting from the stove cabinet right by the entry door, one in the galley under the sink cabinet exhausting toward the dinet, and one heating the fresh water tank cavity.

The bedroom (twin bed layout) furnace has one exhausting in the bedroom, one exhausting under the wardrobe toward the road side center bath, and one routed under the subfloor and exhausting at the shower entrance in the bathroom. I believe this furnace also has a duct heating the waste water tank compartment.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote