Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Mountainair , New Mexico
Question '09 Air Con Condensate Problem

'09 27' Flying Cloud FB, Air conditioner condensate comes out of drain in wheel well OK, but also drips out of air distribution box grill onto floor! Have tried all vents open, closed, etc. per Airstream's suggestion, but still get copious amounts of condensate.. Pan and hose connection check OK. This is the second A/C after the compressor failed on the first one ..first one dripped water too...

Anyone else with this problem?

T Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
Mine will do that in one specific condition. Windows and door are open, moderate temperature and its humid outside. The water appears to condense on the surfaces of the ac under the inner trim.

If my trailer was closed up it hasn't been a problem.

If you don't have leaks my suggestion would be to operate fan on high speed to raise airbox temps, and do what you can to keep humid outside air out. If the humidity is coming from within consider ideas like drying towels outdoors. Perhaps you can locate the point of condensation and insulate it.

tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
On our 08, remove the grill on the left side and you will see the condensation hose possible disconnected or broken. Repair as required.
subfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2008 23' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Mine did that earlier this season, I decided to check the level of the trailer normally not that picky raised the nose up a bit and that fixed it.
wilkeytn is offline   Reply With Quote