Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's disappointing to hear since I am considering having Airstream retrofit my pantry with that microwave. Years ago we had a small low wattage combination microwave from Sears and the tip for popcorn was to put the bag on an upside down corelle plate. But I do think the wattage was 600. Though when you gotta have popcorn I could make it the old fashion way. I sure would like the convenience of quick heating with minimal clean-up from dirty pans and dishes often time, especially when there are no sewer hook-ups and we are watching the holding tank levels or winterized.

Did you see the alternative unit listed on that link of Dennis'?

Small Microwaves - Small Contoure Microwaves for boat, RV and home use - SailorSams.com

This Small Microwave Oven is brushed finish stainless steel on the outside, and white on the inside.

Shallow DepthMicrowave Oven model ICM-CM7060S

Capacity: 0.6 cu. ft.Power Consumption:1150 Watts average at full power (may actually be more or less due to tolerances). Powering an Appliance with an Inverter.Power Output

(cooking power):
Cooking Power 700 watts.

Note: Input power required is greater than power output. Voltage: 120 Volts AC, 60 Hz (normal USA household power)Shipping Weight: 30 lbs.Outside Dimensions: 17" wide x 10-1/8" high x 12-3/4" deep

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	contoure_microwave_cm7060S.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	53270  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Carol,
The unit is only 1/2" higher than the Tappan. The other dimensions are less than the Tappan. I'd think the extra 21% in power would make quite a difference. If it would fit, I'd opt for it.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like the finish too. Thanks for your input. Nice to know what is what beforehand. I am sure their mod is not inexpensive.

photography
Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Caledonia , Michigan
This one is SMALL:

iwavecube Personal Microwave - Best of The Sharper Image

"The innovative Iwavecube personal microwave has all the electronic controls and safety features you expect, but it takes up less than a cubic foot of space. Plug it in anyplace that’s handy — work or home office; home gym; family room; nursery; wet bar; dorm room; work bench; pool house.everywhere! The quiet, super-energy-efficient iwavecube measures just 10″ x 10.5″ x 12″ and weighs only 12 lbs. Features a built-in carry handle and view-through door. Plugs into standard outlet."
Amsterdamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Franklin , Tennessee
You know, there are about 15 manufacturers making what is essentially the same sized product, makes one believe that a few years ago someone came up with a new smaller microwave transmitter and everybody jumped in to wrap a product around it. The Iwavecube above (thank you very much for this post, I plan on going to see it at one of the Sharper Image stores near here) and the Wavebox above may be the first two products of a coming avalanche of products (and falling prices) based on the new technology. In any event it's good to see that there appears to be a percieved market for yet smaller microwaves for us who need one. Thanks, Gerry
nangoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, I find it facinateing that my plain jane, BVD, basic Safari comes standard with a stove top, oven, and microwave; And some of these high dollar, fancy, schmancy models come with a stove top and an oven or a microwave, but not all three.
ya...and it has a couch and soft walls just like a classic. And windows that don't leak...and MORE insulation,,,,I am liking that "B" model better everytime I look at one.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Franklin , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdamer
This one is SMALL:

iwavecube Personal Microwave - Best of The Sharper Image

"The innovative Iwavecube personal microwave has all the electronic controls and safety features you expect, but it takes up less than a cubic foot of space. Plug it in anyplace that’s handy — work or home office; home gym; family room; nursery; wet bar; dorm room; work bench; pool house.everywhere! The quiet, super-energy-efficient iwavecube measures just 10″ x 10.5″ x 12″ and weighs only 12 lbs. Features a built-in carry handle and view-through door. Plugs into standard outlet."

I went to a Sharper Image store today to check out this Microwave and it is a fine little machine. I'd rate it very good (we plugged it in and cooked some coffee) at jobs that will fit inside it. Certainly not a 1200 watt screamer, but for a small unit it is impressive. As I recall its rated 600 watts input, 330 watts cooking. Its very light, very small, very cute, and will fill the bill for our light microwaving needs. Gerry
nangoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Can you get anything other than a cup inside? What other things might it be useful for?

photography