Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Largo , Florida
repair my oven '76 4-burner Magic Chef

Hello
I'm bringing up my trailer for use and it's being checked out at the rv center

I was informed that the oven sadly isn't igniting. The pilot works and when the oven is turned on, it gets stronger but the oven doesn't light

I'm guessing that the safety valve may need replacing I will verify this when I get the trailer back from the tv center.

Is there a supply where I can get a replacement part here?
eliyahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:29 AM   #2

1985 25' Sovereign
hernando , Florida
Builder1

I'm having the same problem with my 85' sovereign with 4 burner magic chef oven. I changed my safety valve with no luck so now I'm looking for a thermostat and they are VERY hard to find. I would someone, somewhere has these parts but I just need to keep searching. I want to keep as original as possible.

Steve Rogers
Builder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Tulsa , Oklahoma
On my oven I had the same problem, the pilot was lit but the oven would not come on. I discovered that the flame switch was not directly over the pilot light so it wasn't sending a start signal to the valve. I moved the probe over the pilot and it has since worked fine.
terrencecolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Largo , Florida
brilliant! I will try that!
eliyahu is offline   Reply With Quote