Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
plano , Texas
Oven/stove knobs, I need some

I have a fully functional cooktop/oven in my 77 excella. The problem is that I don't have any of the knobs for the unit. Does anyone have any, or does anyone know where I can get some? Thanks.

-thomas

PS: thanks for all of the help this far, she is close to complete.
tschat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
You might want to post in the classifieds.. there is a section for wanted parts. Also check at RV repair places, etc. You might try any of the vintage trailer restorers, etc. I have had some luck simply emailing my info with what I need and had answers of yea or nay! If you have one knob, or if someone who has a 77 Excella can send you a picture of their control knobs it might help you out.

Good luck. It will be like a little treasure hunt!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Camper stove, kitchen stove, is there much difference?

I found a vintage gas stove for my kitchen in a second hand store. I thought I was getting a great deal - I love to cook and the stove had everything I could possibly want and at $75, Who could ask for more, right? All she needed was replacement knobs. Well, I found a website that offered parts for outdated appliances and each of those replacement knobs cost a whopping $39 - there were 8 of them. My bargain stove wasn't so much of a bargain at that point.

So I visited Ace Hardware to find a generic knob replacement kit. It took some modifying, though it claimed to fit ANY stove (they didn't). And figuring out what temperature the oven, stove, etc. was at was another dillemma. I printed out pictures of the original knobs from the internet photos of the $39 replacements I found, scanned them into an art program, reproduced them (in colors to match my kitchen - after all, custom knobs deserve a custom look), printed them out on photo paper, laminated them and glued them on the modified knobs. I was quite pleased with myself. However, if being paid hourly, I'm guessing my bargain stove cost me about $38,509.00

Good luck with your quest!
Tracy
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
Stove Knobs

A friend of mine found some at http://outofdoorsmart.com
I think you can e-mail them at partsSales@outofdoorsmart.com
Dan@LED4RV is offline   Reply With Quote