Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Oven in Argosy 22 foot 1972

My wife is interested in looking at or getting some sort of diagrams for our oven in our trailer.. it is definitely the original. The nice green colour of the 1970's. She would like to make muffins etc.. when we are camping in the oven. The one time she tried the oven did not heat up, but was warm...when we took it for some other work, we asked the RV store to check the oven. They said it works.. not sure whether they just turned it on. Any hints.? I wonder if we could just gut the oven part and put our microwave on a shelf under there? I am not super handy with this.. any suggestions? Sorry for the long post
Wade Phibbs (Stratford Ont. Canada)
phibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Simple solution ...Maybe?

I'm presuming your oven has the same safety devices as our 71. In order to get the oven to kick on you have to turn it up to 500 or you may also see a small dot on the handle. It takes about a minute for it to kick the burners. Once the burners ignite turn it down to the desired temperature. Let it run at least 30 minutes and test the temperature with a separate oven thermometer. You may well need to adjust it. Good luck.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote