Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #1

2007 22' International CCD
Batesville , Arkansas
Question Microwave Problems

I am new to the Airstream world. My husband and I just purchased a 2007 22' International CCD. During use of the microwave (Tappen) it simply shut off, like it had totally lost power. I checked the breaker and they were all on. After a short while the microwave came back on. . .it acted like it had gotten too hot and had an emergency shut off, then came back on when it cooled down???? Any ideas before I go down the warranty road?
kolakabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums. It may be an internal breaker, or a poor electrical connection, internal or in the plug/wiring for the trailer.
It could also be that you didn't have enough voltage coming into the coach, and it shut down because of that. Low voltage at the campground is kind of like breathing through a straw, you could probably do it for a while, but try running while still breathing through the straw, you'll probably pass out. Then regain consciousness later. Try hooking your trailer into known 120 volts, turn on the microwave with a cup of water, and let it run a while. check the voltage while it is running, to make sure it is still getting, oh, 108 volts or so. If it is, and doesn't cut off, your trouble was likely the campground.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
That is likely a thermal cut out on the transformer or magnetron. Like Terry said low voltage can cause things to run hotter than they should. You may also have blocked cooling vents.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree. My Microwave at home did this. The internal fan was not operating, I noticed it sounded more quiet than normal. Same symptom. Took it back (after I unmounted it from the wall) and it was replaced since it was new.

I would check with either a dealer and or the factory.

Also please read and post to the QC threads on your unit. Here is a link to the 2008 model year, which also has links to 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ity-31210.html
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic S/O
Erie , Pennsylvania
Maybe brown power? If your sure it was not the power going to it or lack of, I would push to have the dealer swap it out.
totalstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #6

2007 22' International CCD
Batesville , Arkansas
Thank you all. Your comments have been very helpful and gives us a plan of action.
kolakabana is offline   Reply With Quote