Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Microwave/Convection Oven - 30 Serenity

Hi folks,

Didn't find anything related to my question in previous forums, so thought I would start a new thread.

We have a 2015 30' Serenity with the microwave/convection oven (no gas oven) installed under the counter.

Given that we both wear bifocals we are finding it nigh on impossible to use the oven without getting down on our hands and knees and tilting our heads in various and sundry positions. Just wondering if anyone has moved the oven to above the stove, thus modifying the roof locker? Or have you any other creative ideas.

Can't wait to see what you guys and gals come up with.

Thanks as always.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca View Post
Hi folks,

Didn't find anything related to my question in previous forums, so thought I would start a new thread.

We have a 2015 30' Serenity with the microwave/convection oven (no gas oven) installed under the counter.

Given that we both wear bifocals we are finding it nigh on impossible to use the oven without getting down on our hands and knees and tilting our heads in various and sundry positions. Just wondering if anyone has moved the oven to above the stove, thus modifying the roof locker? Or have you any other creative ideas.

Can't wait to see what you guys and gals come up with.

Thanks as always.
I feel your pain. Same situation in my Eddie Bauer which also has no storage for pots and pans in the kitchen. I opted to put my nesting cookware in a folding hassock... which I then found VERY handy to sit on and look square at the controls of the convection microwave. There are all sorts of folding stools that would work - and be handy to see into the upper cabinets, too. I think I remember one thread where someone put a microwave in an upper cabinet... but after less than a year the cabinet tore loose from the wall. You could sacrifice counter space to mount the convection oven there, but sitting down to set it works.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
My convection oven came with a glass dish which I would like to use to catch drippings but I was reading where it says for microwave use only. Still learning how to use the convection oven and so far I do not see what the advantages are. Any comments would be appreciated on how you use yours.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca View Post
Given that we both wear bifocals we are finding it nigh on impossible to use the oven without getting down on our hands and knees and tilting our heads in various and sundry positions.
I sit down on the dinette to use mine. That's the only way I can see the display.
bunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
A convection oven is like a conventional electric oven with a fan that circulates air and supposedly makes cooking faster. (It does seem to make the oven heat more evenly.) You can cook meat, poultry and fish in convection mode.

I still read the instruction cheat sheet every time I want to bake in it, but it will bake brownies or even boy scouts (brownies with nuts) nicely unlike a microwave which has a tendency to turn a lot of batter based ingredients into hockey pucks.

Paula