Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Cool It isn't really pink...

We wanted to send some paint chips to a friend in FL that matched the walls and appliances in the Airstream. And also the top of the stove could use re-enameling if it is possible to match the color. The wall color was easy since I was painting it at the time. We picked up a handful of pink samples to take home and compare to the appliances. Nothing matched, not even close.

Looking at pink against the "pink" stove it was obvious. The appliance color is much more orange than the pink samples are. Back to Home Depot, and we found more "orangy" chips. Much better match.

It's amazing the things you find out when it is too cold to do "real" work on the Airstream.

Kaye
Old 12-07-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Amazing what you canfind to do when it's cold out, eh? But I would have sworn those are pink.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:06 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Yeah. They look absolutely pink until you hold something pink up to them. The closest color I found is called "Shell Coral". Sort of peachy I guess. Obviously I have no future in interior design.

Kaye