Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 27' International CCD FB
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 28
Help! My microwave died

My microwave stopped heating - the light and turntable work but ti does not heat anything. So I went looking for a replacement but everything is too big to fit in the slide out shelf that it sits on. I have been loking everywhere but cannot find one small enough 17 1/4" X 12"w x 9 1/4"D. I have a 2007 international. I would appreciate suggestions
__________________

__________________
dgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray View Post
My microwave stopped heating - the light and turntable work but ti does not heat anything. So I went looking for a replacement but everything is too big to fit in the slide out shelf that it sits on. I have been loking everywhere but cannot find one small enough 17 1/4" X 12"w x 9 1/4"D. I have a 2007 international. I would appreciate suggestions
Take the cover off the microwave.

Visually inspect the wiring and safety switches.

Many times it's issue is a wire or connector has popped off a terminal, or the door is misaligned with the safety switches.

Keep in mind that microwave's are made to sit on a counter, and are not designed to take punishment from our highways, especially if your running gear is not properly balanced and/or bad rubber rods in the axles.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,591
If you don't mind looking inside the one you have which died, there commonly is a ceramic fuse which can pop for no apparent reason. Look for a fuse clip like the ones which hold glass fuses but this one will have a white cartridge. Take it out test it for continuity, and if it is blown, go to a very full line hardware store and they often will have them.
__________________
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master
 
GeocamperAS's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 725
Images: 37
STOP....STOP....STOP

Do not take the cover off unless you know what you are doing!!!!!!!

There is a High Voltage capacitor in there that can store up to 2400 volts even when unplugged and not used for years.
Many of people have been lucky enough to not touch the wrong wire. Some not so lucky.
Ever put a 9 volt battery on your tongue? Try 2,000 volts through your arm. If it does not kill you, it hurts like hell.
__________________
Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who YOU are.
GeocamperAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
 
2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 481
When we were at Aluminina in NC a month or so ago, someone had modified their cabinet and added a microwave that slid out. I think it was "Justretired". You may want to pm him to see where he got his

Karen
__________________
karenjude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
TG Twinkie's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,140
Images: 2
Blog Entries: 5
I agree with tiger. DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER FROM THE MICROWAVE. Unless you are an EXPERIENCED TECHNICIAN.
The capacitor inside can hold a charge for days.
__________________
Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
BAB
Rivet Master
 
BAB's Avatar

 
2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,574
...if it's the magnetron (the device that outputs the microwaves), you can have this replaced. I had this done for my home built-in and it ran $150. Granted, you can find a cheap new one for less than that, but you are dealing with an opening for the size you've already got cut into your trailer. BTW, if you are on Angie's List you can find an appliance repair guy who can and will do this for you.
__________________

__________________
_________________
"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.