Old 09-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1980 31' Excella II
Drummond Island , Michigan
Discolored oven door glass on Magic Chef oven

I recently tackled cleaning up the appearance of the oven door in my '80 Excella. Prior to starting I had cruised the net looking at sources for parts, etc. and found one outstanding site specializing in "vintage stoves and ovens" with some great advice on these older stoves. Didn't bookmark it and now can't find it. My problem, which appears to be common, is streaking of the black paint and silver lines on the oven door which appears to be from oven cleaner or some other cleaning material. I have removed the door glass and used paint stripper to remove the finish. What was left of the black came off without a problem, however the silver lines on the door resist stripper and scraping with a razor scraper even though some of them obviously were disolved by some prior cleaning agent leaking down. Does anyone have a source for a new door glass or a method of getting the rest of the silver lines off or a source of parts?
Ahzmyrah is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off