Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
Cook-Top Cover, or Pot Holders?

Any ideas on adding a cover for the cook top? My 2005 16' has a two burner made by Seaward Products. I checked their website, and they list an accessory bi-fold cover for the 3 burner top (like on the 19'), but not for the 2 burner like I have in the 16'

Has anybody come up with something of their own design? The ideal features would be something that is attached, but hinges out of the way. Having a cover would add valuable counter space - most of the time we use the Coleman stove outside on a picnic table.

Also, the Seaward site mentioned as accessory they call a 'pot holder'? Any idea what this is - they don't provide any description or photos.

Thanks for any ideas -
Bob
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Cutting Board

I've seen people who've made a cutting board to fit over the three burner. Should be easy enough to do one for a 2 burner. Counter space in a tiny 16 is almost non-existant. Makes sense to me to use whatever you can.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
_

. , .
bob......

camping world has a variety of stove top covers......and a billion other things you will want/need.

try their website........www.campingworld.com

and go to kitchen.....also sink inserts/covers can be hinged to work...

and cutting boards....mod'd....

hinges for h/d or lowes....or many rv stores have stove cover stuff.

cheers
2air'

a search here for stove tops or stove covers, may bring other suggestions too.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
Wow - the Camping World reference hit the jackpit! I did a search here first and didn't get any results, but didn't think to check camping world.

Most of their stuff looks like it's for 3 burner stoves, but I'm going to check them out at the store and see if any might be easily modified to fit my 2 burner.

You're right about the 16' being tiny - the good news is you never have to go very far to find something

Thanks for the input -
Bob
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
west hills , California
RDM16CCD,
You may have already gotten an answer to this but in case you didnt ....Seaward ranges/ovens are mostly used in marine applications so potholders are really of no use in a trailer. Basically they are a horizontal hold for the pots on the stove to keep them from falling during rough seas. The pot holder hooks into that back part of the stove top and it forms kind of a circle around the pots to keep them in place.
krikles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
This is a pot holder on our Seaward portable butane stove we use in our current boat:

Here is the adjustable potholder on the built-in alcohol stove in our last boat.