Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Henderson , Nevada
Combo stove top and sink / Has anyone used this ?

I'm thinking about getting a one of these combo stove and sink models but can't find any reviews or much about them.. Has anyone out there used this ?
Dometic MO0911CIS0000US Cooktop 2 Burner Sink Combo Piezo Ignition No Lid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MO0911CIS0000US.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	231808  
Rocker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Can't help... but, it looks like a nice unit..
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
SMEV also makes these.

These are very common in Europe - and I've seen a couple similar at IKEA too. In a small RV it looks like a good idea, easy to clean and economical on space.

Paula
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Martin's Argosy rebuild thread - Page 6 - Airstream Forums

Martin is installing one in his Argosy motorhome rebuild. Check out the thread above.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
I have spent way too much time researching these types of combos before buying so here are some observations....

The Dometic brand include several sub-brands so you can get at least 3 different types of 'Dometic' sink/burner combo, very few of which are supplied by Dometic in the US - so if you want choice look to Dometic Europe.

Accepting that some were designed by Dometic themselves, some by SMEV, some by Waeco/Cramer, there are differences (despite all having a Dometic label). I went with a Dometic Cramer CE00-MINI/BO-HI/27-I-G but the Dometic mobile (which includes marine) product catalogue is nearly 250 pages so there is plenty of choice!.

So, why did I go with the one I chose...

1) I wanted a narrow but deep design to minimize lose of countertop length

2) I wanted a glass top, which could be closed and used as countertop

3) This is a subtle one....if you look at the range of Dometic combos, they use different gas controllers/ignitors. Some are obviously not supposed to get wet, so the controllers are built behind a small splash wall (like the one in Rocker66's photo) others are in the splash zone and designed to work if they get wet.....I wanted the second type because it seemed a more robust option.

Things that are a pain about the one I chose?

1) The faucet Dometic make available in the US interferes with the closed lid (ask the Interstate guys that have had floods because the faucet turns on when the lid closes). There is an alternate from another Dometic brand in Europe (which I got) but that means using metric hose connections (again not available here), and enlarging the hole.

2) The gas connection is an 8mm metric....I spent ages trying to source an 8mm compression fitting, in the end shipped one from Europe, only for it to arrive in a bag labbeled as 8mm/5/16" compression fitting - this appears the only size where metric = std and if I had known I could have got a 5/16" in the US.

3) It had to be imported from Europe (but then most of the systems I am using have) but that means $300 shipping in addition to the $400 price. The guys at Eurocamper.com can source the parts, and if you can wait for it to be added to a freight order you can save a lot. Also most European suppliers won't ship to the US, luckily I still have a house in the UK so could get it shipped there, and then forwarded on. Don't forgot "Mr DHL" (or whoever) will also be collecting some duty if you import....

Other than that....so far so good.

PS Dometic also do a neat little (8") waste bin with a match glass lid so I could cut down on countertop clutter!

PPS They don't use standard P-Traps so make sure you get the waste kit. The standard waste kit has no 'trap' and so a trap had to be added in the 3/4" waste line to prevent nasty smells from the grey tank
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Madison , Wisconsin
Send a message via AIM to jtwind Send a message via MSN to jtwind Send a message via Yahoo to jtwind
I believe this is the same unit that was in my 2006 Tab. Worked fine, was a neat little spacesaving design. Jeff
jtwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Stratford , Prince Edward Island
Send a message via Yahoo to macofpei Send a message via Skype™ to macofpei
Martin, you are aware that Canada is metric and we would have been able to supply those metric fittings from any plumbing supply shop ( or big box hardware stores) and shipping is reasonable.
WBCCI #4782
"Southern Belle"
'03 Classic 30'
'10 Toyota CrewMax
macofpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by macofpei View Post
Martin, you are aware that Canada is metric and we would have been able to supply those metric fittings from any plumbing supply shop ( or big box hardware stores) and shipping is reasonable.
I should have thought of that....it is only about a 5 hour drive to the border!

Not sure it if it is OK to 'smuggle' pipe fittings across the border, but it would have given me a reason to call in the Canada Duty Free store for some local 'beverages'
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote