Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
down south , South Carolina
73 Magic Chef oven is ALIVE!

Well, after messing with the MC on and off for a month of so I finally found out the problem.

The oven pilot wouldn't light and I tried everything. All the turn the dial to this; turn the stove on; etc. no joy. Found the cut of valve behind the face plate, it was on. So I took a torch cleaner and cleaned the pilot hole. Nothing. Finally I just started taking things apart. The cut off valve to the carburetor, no gas. Connection under the sink, no gas. The cupeling at the tee under the trailer, GAS. I ran weedeater string in each run and found a clog in the line 3' from the tee under the trailer.

I connected everything, checked for leaks with soapy water, and lit the pilot. Then I turned up the oven..... we have FIRE! I'm going to check the temp tomorrow.

Dieselgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Congrats! You can pick up an oven thermometer from any cooking shop. I did this and was surprised to find my oven quite close to the dial settings.

Cameron & the Labradors
Kai & Samm
North Vancouver, BC
AIR #11529
Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Mame Dennis
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
down south , South Carolina
Well, tonight I baked a pizza for my bride in our "new" Magic Chef oven. It was perfect! Wish all the projects would turn out so favorable.
Dieselgrin is offline   Reply With Quote