Old 09-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER HAPPY View Post
Dont have any problem with mine....
Glad to hear it. Mine worked well too up until a bit over a month ago.....

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatfield View Post
We just sent a note to Jackson Center, so we'll see what they say/advise.... Pat
This morning we received the following not-our-problem response from Jackson Center regarding our 2003 Classic 25:
George,

Below I have linked and provided the phone number to Amana. I am truly sorry you have had this occur. You are asking if this is a warranted situation. I am showing this past the Airstream warranty. This is why I would suggest calling Amana direct to see if they have anything on this.

Amana/Maytag

1-800-843-0304
1-800-545-9086 rv Press 5
www.amana.com
http://www.amana.com/custserv/contact.jsp

Jim
We are currently on the road (near Zion National Park today) and, since we'll be back home in a week (after our month-long tour of western National Parks), we'll follow up with Amana/Maytag then. We can certainly do without the oven for the remainder of the trip.

We'll continue to keep the forum posted on the outcome of this problem.

Pat

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
Repair

I had the same problem and after chasing many bunny trails, I ended up putting a compression ring on the aluminum tube and reconnecting. No problems since the repair. I don't remember the compression ring size but it was less that 1/4 and I couldn't find one at a big box. I thing it was either 1/8 or 3/16.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ok, I called Airstream and they even had my oven's serial number!

I am right now on the phone with Amana looking to see what they come up with....more to come....
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ok, just got off the phone. They faxed me a parts list and diagram (that I will try to attach here). Looking at the diagram, I am unsure which part I need yet, but I am farther than I was before.

The folks on the phone told me to look at the diagram, find the part in question, then call their parts dept at 800-442-9991.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf img-9021230-0001.pdf (74.0 KB, 174 views)
Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Wow....this is very alarming! We have had no problems in our 2004 Classic, so far; but, we rarely use the oven. I think it's scary enough just lighting the pilot....and, sometimes the burners My other half and I will be inspecting our oven today....thanks for the picture post, which really narrows down what to look for.

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 09-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #21
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ok, work is finally starting to slow a bit and I was fortunate enough where work was closed today to get out to the Safari and take a look at both the issue and how to resolve it. The model and serial numbers Airstream gave me I lost, so a call to customer service (thanks Jim!) got me the model and serial number.....really cool that Airstream keeps that info handy.

At any rate I'm getting part numbers required to do a replacement including any nuts or additional parts, which I'll post here when I get them from the manufac.

As for repair, this appears to me that this will require the removal of the oven to be able to get to the lines out back. There are two things, maybe bands or something similar along the pathway of the lines that hold the two lines together (two lines being supply to the burner and supply line to the thermocouple).

Seems fairly straight forward. Disconnect the LP supply line to the stove (of course after shutting down the LP supply at the tanks), and if I am looking at this correctly, about 4 screws holding this in place.

For the record, the model number I have is an ALY2280ADB. In most cases, if you have the Amana stove/oven combo in the 2004 model year, this may be the same inside your unit, but I would verify that before you proceed as any part numbers, etc will be soley for this model number.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yukon , Oklahoma
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My oven has also done the exact same thing. I discovered mine in July when I went to light the oven and had flames shooting out into the trailer. Fortunately, we got it shut off before any serious mishap. I was waiting for the off season to try to address the issue. I think a recall might be warranted. I myself will call the manufacturer tomorrow and relay our incident.

(2003 Safari 25')
Old 09-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #23
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
We just got back from our maiden 3-day trip with the 2004 25 Classic that we just purchased about a month ago. One of the problems that popped up was when we went ahead and tried to light the oven. This oven had never been used, it still had some paper stickers on the inside wall! Well, guess what happened! Nice YELLOW BIG flames come shooting out. Looks just like the photo that has been posted. So I guess this is a very common thing. Also had the air conditioner running just about the whole day w/ it set at 75 with outside temp. about 86. NOT GOOD. Hopefully it just needs some freon or whatever they use now. Then the hot water heater went out after being used for one day. Tried both electric and gas but no go. Oh well, time to get the tools out ~~~ AGAIN !!! LOL

Bob
Old 09-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
We will be checking our oven EVERY time before lighting it! Thank you all for alerting us to this potential problem.

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Wow, this is scary! I replaced my Argosy's oven in 2004.. I'll be checking my connection prior to each use now. All that had the problems.. can you contact a gov agency for potiential recall? I can't remember who the agency is to report safety issues?

Marc
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
eric... from the looks of the pix it is a and/or a number of problems...too short a length of tubing requiring the installer to horse it, and someone not knowing when to stop cranking on the wrench.. that combined with normal vibration...cha ching... you should be able to find standard compression fittings and pipe to solve it.
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
The other end!

Thought I would show the other end of this. It seems to me that if we just use the same size tubing as before, won't it just get fatigued there again and break? I'm sure it is due to vibration, and since there would even be more of a load on it from the extra fitting, it may not be the right approach.~?

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2190.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	68678  
Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #28
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Aluminum tubing

Ok, after some more head scratching, I'm wandering what the other end is doing! What if there was a bracket made that would go from the bottom of the oven to the pilot light (where there are 2 screws tying it together now) and screwed down at both ends. The brackets that come off of each side that hold the burner are not very stable. This I believe is the problem. If this was tied down at the center, there should not be any more movement or vibration to break the tubing again. Thoughts??~??