Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
1977 31' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Abilene , Texas
Snyder Refrigerator Kit Installation Help?

I purchased a Snyder cooling kit last year, but have been busy and am just now getting around to installing the kit. The installation DVD appears to be corrupt after sitting in the heat of my shop here in TX. I have emailed Snyder, but I am trying to install this tomorrow as I have a trip we have to make later this week.

Can anyone provide a rough typed out version of the installation? I am installing this on the stock fridge in my '88 Excella.

Thank you!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
I have not seen nor installed one of Stu's fan kits but I have made a couple of similar units myself. It is necessary to remove the refrigerator if you do not have the double side vent doors, i.e., you have the roof vented design.

If you are handy, it should not be difficult to figure it out. The temp switch is mounted to the piping with a strap just before the fins or on one of the end fins with short screws. The housing needs to cover the fins on the upper section of the cabinet back and you will need to eyeball attachment points. Assume the supplied housing will need minor cutting/adjustment to fit your particular refrigerator. You can safely screw anywhere in the back with 1/2" screws to secure the housing where the shroud contacts the back.

The power wire should run from the refrigerator switched 12v connection to the temp switch, then from the switch to the the positive fan wire. The fan ground wire should run back to the negative 12v connection next to the positive which you used to begin the run.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
1977 31' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Abilene , Texas
Okay, I "think" I have it installed. The fridge came out fairly easily and I had to modify the Snyder housing, but it attached fairly easily with a few large zip cables. I attached the thermostat with the clamps to the to the pipe. The wiring is where I wasn't completely sure, but I ran the negative 12 to the same terminal that the negative 12 volt comes into the fridge. Then I found a brown wire that I believe comes from the switch from looking at the diagram on the back of the fridge. The fan hasn't kicked on yet, but I just turned it on again after being disconnected so I assume if it is wired up correctly that it will take a bit before the thermostat will kick it on. I have an RM2708.

UPDATE: Never mind. I changed the positive 12v to run with the 12v that comes into the fridge as the thermostat should control if the fan kicks on or not. Please let me know if my thinking is wrong.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
I have a dometic Rm3762 Refrigerator freezer. THe user manual lists a travel latch feature and there is a slight 1/8 inch up or down travel in the door latches, but they don't secure a full refrigerator when traveling and I keep finding tHe doors open. Any ideas?
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
1977 31' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Abilene , Texas
On our '88 we have I loop hooks screwed into the cabinet to the left/right of the freezer and fridge door. I just keep bungee straps strung across those I loops while we are pulling the trailer and it does a really good job of keeping the doors closed.