Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
RM100 flue cleaning?

I've got a '77 Sovereign with the original RM100 fridge in it. It sorta works, but sometimes it takes a day or two to really get cold. I've got the service manual for the trailer, and it talks about cleaning the flue regularly, but doesn't really show or explain exactly how to do it. I know it hasn't been done in the 5 years that I've owned it, and who knows before that.
Is there anyone who can describe in simple terms, exactly how to clean the flue? Maybe someone has some pictures posted somewhere? Any other maintenance suggestions would be welcome too....
Thanks
JG
JohnGalt48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Smile RM 100 Cleaning of the flue

It will take some doing; you will need a selection of brass brushes and a vacume cleaner; use the brass to clean the rust scales from the iron coil in the back of the refer. this will all fall down onto the bottom of the compartment; use the vacume cleaner to pick-up the debris and to reach hard to clean areas of the compartment. Good Luck, I just finished cleaning mine two days ago. Bob Cornute, 77 soverign International 31' Rear Bath and twin bed's 1997 Ram 2500 Van tow vehicle.(360 FI V-8)
Robert L. Cornute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

flue cleaning

I got the burner going and the frezzer is getting cold, now here is the big question. How do you clean the flue? is the unit pulled out from the wall? I looked everywhere for the flue, all I can find is the houseing in the upper cabinet and no way to get into it.
Gene Wissink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Robert;

After going through all that, can you see an actual difference in before and after the cleaning.

-BobbyW

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote