I should have posted a couple months back. I finished the job in the time I had and spent a great 5 day weekend enjoying the finished product. For the 12V
wiring, I spliced it off the light as I mentioned, and it worked well; at least while no on turned off the light. We did have that problem, but I'll fix it next spring (it's winterized now, and a little out of mind). The fridge was a 3 in shorter than the last (as I recall), so my brother build me a quick little platform for the fridge to sit on, which worked out well. I also had to put in some sheet metal slats secured to the side of the fridge to screw the fridge back into place (the side of the fridge is just foam, so would not take the screws that held the sheet metal sided old fridge). After hooking up and testing the propane, I slid it all back into place, put new screws into the sheet metal slats, and got it all tightened down. My wife says the fridge is a great improvement and the stainless steel front looks great with my new flooring and painting job.