Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Hundreds f screws? On mine there are six screws that hold it in. There's a few thing to disconnect from the outside of the TT (rear of the refer), but I wonder what you really did take out!?
Well maybe not "hundreds" of screws on the fridge itself, but taking but taking everything else down to get to it made it seem like hundreds.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
On the Avanti: note this information from the web site given

"Free Standing Installation Only
Proper ventilation is required to maintain satisfactory cooling and overall performance.
See owner's manual for proper installation requirements."

This is most likely one of the ones which cannot be mounted in a cabinet with no air circulation on the sides. See my comments in my post above.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Don
I showed my wife the pics of your interior and she likes the overall look of lightening it up with white on the cabinets. Can you tell me how you did it, is it just paint or did you use something like vinyl or some other material?

Ongoing adventures at:
http://1973overlander.blogspot.com/
aquinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
On the Avanti: note this information from the web site given

"Free Standing Installation Only
Proper ventilation is required to maintain satisfactory cooling and overall performance.
See owner's manual for proper installation requirements."

This is most likely one of the ones which cannot be mounted in a cabinet with no air circulation on the sides. See my comments in my post above.
The coils are in the back and there is plenty of ventilation and air circulation through the existing vent and the small screened opening in the floor. There is even room for air circulation on each side and bottom. Mine is free standing just bolted to the floor and supported on the back side to the wall. I can assure you it does not get hot and works perfectly and has for several years.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquinob View Post
Don
I showed my wife the pics of your interior and she likes the overall look of lightening it up with white on the cabinets. Can you tell me how you did it, is it just paint or did you use something like vinyl or some other material?
Its a vinyl wallpaper that matches pretty close the existing ceiling color and design. Its not actually white but more of a light tan textured type vinyl. I replaced all of the old Tambour doors on the cabinets with hinged doors and drawers trimmed in oak. I also rebuilt the closet doors with the same vinyl and trim. I got rid of all of the old dark wood grain Formica and fake wood and replaced it with oak. This brightens the whole trailer up. In the 70's microwaves were huge so the big space that was there for the microwave is now my bar. I put in an real oak roll top door and made a pull out shelve shown in pic #9. The kitchen counter top is Corina with a big double under mount sink. I made a tile back splash mounted on a thin piece of Hardy Board and then attached it to the wall.

The Avanti fridge is a good replacement for the old Dometic if you normally camp with full hookups as I do.