Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Auburn , Washington
removing fridge and oven

Our 1969 overlander flooded, so I'm going to attempt to gut it and start over. Before I make too many mistakes, are there any tricks to removing the fridge,oven and surrounding cabinet?
mark silberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Hi Mark. Welcome to the Forum.
Removing the innards from an Airstream is relativly simple. The ovens usually have 4 to 6 screws holding the top and front to the cabinet face frame. Don't forget the gas line. The're on the rear.
The fridge also has a few screws holding it to the cabinet. The more difficult ones may be on a filler piece between the fridge and counter top. There are also (at least on mine) 2 half inch bolts with nuts holding the fridge frame to the floor. They were so rusted that they needed to have the nuts ground off. Gas line is towards the front.
The cabinet just has 1 or 2 screws into the floor and a couple into the wall.
70% of the cabinetry on mine has been replaced or restored and getting the pieces in and out are the easy part.
Good luck with your project,
Tom.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Good Luck with your project

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark silberl
Our 1969 overlander flooded, so I'm going to attempt to gut it and start over. Before I make too many mistakes, are there any tricks to removing the fridge,oven and surrounding cabinet?
Welcome to the forums. Don't forget to take pictures before and after....and post them so we can see your project....we have a 69 Overlander as well. Good luck and et us know how it turns out. pj
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote