Old 11-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
sun city west , Arizona
thanks again, I originally did go to dometic site but did not find any parts list like this where is this on dometic site? and my refrig is a rm 2452 is the parts list for rm 2451 just a change in numbers?

ray

Old 11-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
sun city west , Arizona
dometic wil not cool on shore power

okay a big thank you to all who posted. again this is a dometic rm 2452 and will cool not on shore power . so I now have verified that I have power to terminal block. my electrician friend verified that the heating element is okay. I have seen on these posts some comments about fuses. but looking at the parts list and diagrams I do not see any fuses. so I am guessing problem must be up on control board or whatever is up there behind control panel which means I have to pull out refrig and then figure out from there. anyone else have an idea or have experienced this
thanks

Old 11-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
sun city west , Arizona
okay a big thank you to all who posted. again this is a dometic rm 2452 and will cool not on shore power . so I now have verified that I have power to terminal block. my electrician friend verified that the heating element is okay. I have seen on these posts some comments about fuses. but looking at the parts list and diagrams I do not see any fuses. so I am guessing problem must be up on control board or whatever is up there behind control panel which means I have to pull out refrig and then figure out from there. anyone else have an idea or have experienced this
thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
2008 F350, 6.4L diesel , Oak Harbor, WA
Here is an easy way to check your electrical measurements.

You say there is is power to the heater and the heater was measured to be good.

Then with the power on the housing where the heater element is (right side of the diagram) will become warm/hot to the touch.

Try it and let me know.
s
Old 11-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
sun city west , Arizona
thanks for help,, but I did try that and the chimney area is cold. I think the problem is above on top of unit where all the controls are. I checked for power on the two leads returning to the terminal block which are the two leads right above heating element leads and there is no power. so power is not returning to terminal block and therefore to heater. so wherever those leads with power go to on top I assume the problem must be there or in some switch or something???
Old 11-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
2008 F350, 6.4L diesel , Oak Harbor, WA
Here is another manual, your electric circuit is on page 15.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/rm2453.pdf

The frig has a power cord, you should be able to plug a lamp into it and verify 110VAC is there.

The thermostat is the only other part; it has a single pole switch that switches the hot lead, the neutral is connected to the heater directly.

good luck.

steve