Old 09-14-2004, 08:06 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Jim,

I am under the impression you have the "Bad Venting 2" refrigerator setup as shown in the graphic provider by Pahaska. Is that right? If not, what is your setup?

Rick

Old 09-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1993 29' Excella
Jonesboro , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Alston
Jim,

I am under the impression you have the "Bad Venting 2" refrigerator setup as shown in the graphic provider by Pahaska. Is that right? If not, what is your setup?

Rick
Rick,
Mine is more like bad venting 1, I am not at all sure what is behind the frig and near the top as I have never seen it. My frig is a large one not the double door type but has two doors. I was confused about where you recommended installing the baffle but I think we are talking about two different models.

thanks,
Jim

McKesh mirrors
James Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Jim

Ok, now I got the correct picture. If both bottom and top areas are free and clear, then the only thing I can think of is that you need to do away with the dead air space in Bad Venting 1 because you are not able to create the chimney effect needed to move the hot air out fast enough. In addition, you can minimize the suns effect on the trailer by parking in the shade or at least shading the refergerator side of the trailer from the direct sun; but you probably know that. The awning will also provide beneficial shade to help cool the skin of the trailer - assuming the refrigerator is on that side of the trailer. I figure if the skin gets hot and heats the coils, the refrigerator must work harder to dissipate the heat.

I still believe you have a problem with the build-up of heat because of the way you described what happens. Do you know if you can get to the dead air space to add a deflector?

Rick
Old 09-23-2004, 07:16 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1993 29' Excella
Jonesboro , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Alston
Jim

Ok, now I got the correct picture. If both bottom and top areas are free and clear, then the only thing I can think of is that you need to do away with the dead air space in Bad Venting 1 because you are not able to create the chimney effect needed to move the hot air out fast enough. In addition, you can minimize the suns effect on the trailer by parking in the shade or at least shading the refergerator side of the trailer from the direct sun; but you probably know that. The awning will also provide beneficial shade to help cool the skin of the trailer - assuming the refrigerator is on that side of the trailer. I figure if the skin gets hot and heats the coils, the refrigerator must work harder to dissipate the heat.

I still believe you have a problem with the build-up of heat because of the way you described what happens. Do you know if you can get to the dead air space to add a deflector?

Rick
Rick, There is no way to access the top of the frig without removing the whole thing from the trailer. I can't even see the top very well when viewed form the bottom with a flash light. Like I said earlier, I was not having much of a problem anyway and the little fan improved the performace noticably. If i were you, I'd try a fan. They are cheap and easy to install.

Best wishes,

McKesh mirrors
James Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote