Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Refrigerator temp

Our refrigerator shot up to 48 degrees this afternoon after I started loading it with food and drinks. Not sure why it did that. It is not that hot outside about 85 degrees but I just turn the ac on to cool down the inside of the AS to see if that helps

But my question has to do with the white plastic that slides up and down on the last fin. I have never intentionally moved it but it looked to me that it was not fully seated on the fin and was near the bottom. Would that cause a the rise in temp?

Thanks

John
urnmor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Normal when loading. door open and loading with food that most certainly is not 40* or below. Might take several hours to go back down.

I have experimented with a lot of things, including where to put my temp sensor. I moved my white plastic and "thermistor" down on the top shelf side. Thermometer is right below the plastic drain pan. I have the inside fans on the cooling fins. I have 3 100mm computer fans just below the roof vent and one 200mm fan drawing air in through the lower door.

I now have balanced cooling at 34 - 37* in the fridge and -2 to +4* in the freezer. That was in Key West last week. That's with #3 on the setting.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Also see my post #5 in this recent thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f425...or-137470.html
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
Our refrigerator shot up to 48 degrees this afternoon after I started loading it with food and drinks. Not sure why it did that. It is not that hot outside about 85 degrees but I just turn the ac on to cool down the inside of the AS to see if that helps

But my question has to do with the white plastic that slides up and down on the last fin. I have never intentionally moved it but it looked to me that it was not fully seated on the fin and was near the bottom. Would that cause a the rise in temp?

Thanks

John

You actually answered your own question. Opening door, adding warm food and drinks. RV refrigerators drop temp rapidly and take several hours to cool back down.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
thanks this has happen in the past however I always get paronoid over it. It is beginning to drop now I will check it again inanother hour.

Again thanks for the quick responses
urnmor is online now   Reply With Quote