Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #15
rex
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwilliams
Good information to know, but I do not believe the original poster planned to run a compressor style refrigerator on an inverter. If nothing else, your research showed he would need an additional trailer full of batteries to do it

The way I read the post, he was curious if his current 120 vac wiring/breaker would accomodate the load. I would think "yes" as long as he does not have any other big users of electricity, like a microwave, on the same circuit.

Tom
YOU ARE RIGHT I WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WOULD HANDLE THE LOAD AS IS. WE WILL BE USING OUR A/S AS PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR ABOUT 6MONTHS. WE JUST BOUGHT SOME PROPERTY ON THE GULF. WE WILL HAVE POWER WATER AND SEPTIC.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Tom,

I posted some of it to tell him what wattage draw different appliances will require and he can figure if his circuits will handle the 120 refigerator along with other things running.

I did post the inverter part to ask other forum members what they think. I only plan to use the inverter when towing and it only needs 1 battery with a charge line from the way I figure. This is just to give the 120 refrigerator a dual power so it can be used mobile. You would only need a trailer full of batteries if you intended on using the inverter and were not hooking to shore power. Something I would never do since the heat in this part of the country dictates that you camp with your AC otherwise you might turn to a piece of bacon...........

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG
...I did post the inverter part to ask other forum members what they think. I only plan to use the inverter when towing and it only needs 1 battery with a charge line from the way I figure...
In that case, although I missed the power draw of your proposed replacement refrigerator, I will bet it is higher than my absorbtion unit. I allowed in another post it may be prudent to check the capability of the charge line.

Good luck with your project!
Tom
Old 08-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Quote:
In that case, although I missed the power draw of your proposed replacement refrigerator, I will bet it is higher than my absorbtion unit. I allowed in another post it may be prudent to check the capability of the charge line.

Good luck with your project!
Tom
Quote From Post
Quote:
Your real problem will be feeding the inverter. Your charge line is probably only rated for 20 amps dc. 235 watts takes about 19-1/2 amps. Although your inverter is up to the challenge, your charge line may not be.
I guess one would need a heafter charge line, probably 6 guage to be safe on that one. Looks like the inverter idea has no standing. Glad to see this was hashed before.
Thanks Tom

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #19

Ellensburg , Washington
Which Kenmore model would replace a Dometic RM 75?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
if the trailer didnt come with a fridge id never miss it.a decent ice chest wll keep things cold for days. ice is always available.really now ,is there so much to do while camping that there is no time left to get ice up at the guard shack? life just is not as complicated as we make it.i garrentee i got a buck for ice. for $1200 i can find an entire tow vehicle