Old 06-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Refrigerator "Check" light on

Today I had the power on and off in the Safari several times while doing a little customization work. When I put the power back on for the evening, I noticed the refrigerator check light come on. I did the restart thing, and this time heard the sound of the igniter. I don't have the gas on, and I don't have the gas button on the refrigerator in the on position. The "Auto" button is engaged, which is supposed to sense whether there is gas or 110 available and is supposed to default to 110. It is behaving as if the 110 is not connected, but it is. I checked the circuit breakers and the fuses and see nothing wrong. The refrigerator seems to be cooling (the beer is still cold despite 100 plus degrees today). Any ideas?

Mike

Old 06-26-2003, 08:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Try "rebooting" the circuit board. Put the frig on/off switch in the off position (make sure the Auto/Gas switch is in Auto), remove 120VAC power from the trailer, turn the 12V master disconnect switch off for a minute, then back on. Plug the 120VAC back in, then turn the on/off frig button back on.

Old 06-26-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I think I goofed

Maurice,

I will try the reboot. But as the day has cooled off, my brain seems to be working again. I think the problem may be that the refer is on the same circuit as the 110 v outlet I disabled today when installing some sheet aluminum on the little piece of wall above the bathroom sink. I know it's fused on the same circuit as the refer, but it didn't occur to me that the circuit is wired in series. I bet if it does not reboot as you suggested, it's going to turn out to be the fact that I disconnected the outet. I could not get the wires to fit back into the factory outlet, so I'm going to get a household type after getting consensus that this is OK in another thread.

Mike
Old 06-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
I didn't read that post. That's probably what did it. I'd still reboot the circuit board once you get that problem fixed.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:59 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Solved

I did the reboot and it didn't do the trick, so I reconnected the wires that feed the 110 v outlet and that was it. I'll get the household outlet and finish the job after our little weekend excursion. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 06-27-2003, 11:06 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Can you tell I've been doing Microsoft support for nearly 20 years?