Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 PM   #239
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingduo View Post
An update on our fridge woes. We spend a few weeks on the road in varying temperatures all the way from 32F to 89F. The fridge temp was set to 5- which is the coldest possible setting. The temperature in the fridge never went above 39F and stayed mostly around 34F. I can't explain why we didn't face any problems this time around, but we were so glad it worked for us. We ran the fridge on propane and shore power, and it worked flawlessly.

Now we just hope it stays this way!
Glad to hear you got everything all sorted out!

Unfortunately my friend's 25' has been at the dealership for 27 days. He has called and let then know he needs to pick it up tomorrow yet they are not sure if it's ready. They weren't even sure if they have started work on it at the time he called. My experiences with this said dealership haven't been all that different

Old 10-07-2016, 12:15 AM   #240
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Redmond , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinVenture View Post
Glad to hear you got everything all sorted out!

Unfortunately my friend's 25' has been at the dealership for 27 days. He has called and let then know he needs to pick it up tomorrow yet they are not sure if it's ready. They weren't even sure if they have started work on it at the time he called. My experiences with this said dealership haven't been all that different
I can't really blame my local dealership for not finding a fault with the fridge because it seems to be an intermittent issue, thus hard to replicate. They were really good about taking my rig in within a few days of my contacting them and they did comprehensive testing on the fridge. I have had other problems with the trailer and they have been good at resolving them fairly quickly.

I can understand your friends frustration if his dealership is not helping out. Perhaps he should contact Airstream directly...

Old 10-08-2016, 02:21 AM   #241
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingduo View Post
I can't really blame my local dealership for not finding a fault with the fridge because it seems to be an intermittent issue, thus hard to replicate. They were really good about taking my rig in within a few days of my contacting them and they did comprehensive testing on the fridge. I have had other problems with the trailer and they have been good at resolving them fairly quickly.

I can understand your friends frustration if his dealership is not helping out. Perhaps he should contact Airstream directly...
He picked up his trailer earlier on and asked what the problem was. The service writer wasn't really sure but assured him it was fixed. They hit the road and the fridge still isn't cooling.

I've taken my trailer in 3 times and it's like pulling teeth to get anything done. Last time they had my unit for a week to install a dexter axle lift and fan covers. I showed up and they said they needed another week because they forgot to order the parts. The following week I showed up again and about 10 minutes later I saw them begin working on my trailer. I was finally able to go home with my trailer the following day.

I just called them again to have my door fixed. They said drop it off with us and hopefully they have time in the next 2 weeks to take a look at it. What's the point of an appointment? I expressed my discontent with the way they do business and his response was that's just how things are.

I've completely lost faith in my local dealership!
Old 10-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #242
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I found out my perception of the incompetence factor of the local shop was being reinforced by other's tales of woe. In two years they were unable or unwilling to order the replacement range cover hinge (a warranty item as it failed the first trip out) for my Classic that they sold me. I have spared them my angst and taken all of my custom and service work elsewhere. They lost out on tens of thousands of dollars of profitable custom work at their shop rates.

I know it would have been even more expensive there because of all the trips to rework the shoddy job yet again.

Finding an excellent independent shop where they stand behind their work is imperative to my serenity. I am unwilling to do business with folks that just end up getting me angry or upset and could care less about their lack of workmanship.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:15 AM   #243
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Finding an excellent independent shop where they stand behind their work is imperative to my serenity. I am unwilling to do business with folks that just end up getting me angry or upset and could care less about their lack of workmanship.
Maybe this is the reason I drove over 9 hours away to have my solar installed by Vinnie's Northbay Airstream!