Old 10-05-2016, 10:56 PM   #239
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingduo View Post
An update on our fridge woes. We spend a few weeks on the road in varying temperatures all the way from 32F to 89F. The fridge temp was set to 5- which is the coldest possible setting. The temperature in the fridge never went above 39F and stayed mostly around 34F. I can't explain why we didn't face any problems this time around, but we were so glad it worked for us. We ran the fridge on propane and shore power, and it worked flawlessly.

Now we just hope it stays this way!
Glad to hear you got everything all sorted out!

Unfortunately my friend's 25' has been at the dealership for 27 days. He has called and let then know he needs to pick it up tomorrow yet they are not sure if it's ready. They weren't even sure if they have started work on it at the time he called. My experiences with this said dealership haven't been all that different

Old 10-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #240
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Redmond , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinVenture View Post
Glad to hear you got everything all sorted out!

Unfortunately my friend's 25' has been at the dealership for 27 days. He has called and let then know he needs to pick it up tomorrow yet they are not sure if it's ready. They weren't even sure if they have started work on it at the time he called. My experiences with this said dealership haven't been all that different
I can't really blame my local dealership for not finding a fault with the fridge because it seems to be an intermittent issue, thus hard to replicate. They were really good about taking my rig in within a few days of my contacting them and they did comprehensive testing on the fridge. I have had other problems with the trailer and they have been good at resolving them fairly quickly.

I can understand your friends frustration if his dealership is not helping out. Perhaps he should contact Airstream directly...

Old 10-08-2016, 01:21 AM   #241
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingduo View Post
I can't really blame my local dealership for not finding a fault with the fridge because it seems to be an intermittent issue, thus hard to replicate. They were really good about taking my rig in within a few days of my contacting them and they did comprehensive testing on the fridge. I have had other problems with the trailer and they have been good at resolving them fairly quickly.

I can understand your friends frustration if his dealership is not helping out. Perhaps he should contact Airstream directly...
He picked up his trailer earlier on and asked what the problem was. The service writer wasn't really sure but assured him it was fixed. They hit the road and the fridge still isn't cooling.

I've taken my trailer in 3 times and it's like pulling teeth to get anything done. Last time they had my unit for a week to install a dexter axle lift and fan covers. I showed up and they said they needed another week because they forgot to order the parts. The following week I showed up again and about 10 minutes later I saw them begin working on my trailer. I was finally able to go home with my trailer the following day.

I just called them again to have my door fixed. They said drop it off with us and hopefully they have time in the next 2 weeks to take a look at it. What's the point of an appointment? I expressed my discontent with the way they do business and his response was that's just how things are.

I've completely lost faith in my local dealership!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #242
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I found out my perception of the incompetence factor of the local shop was being reinforced by other's tales of woe. In two years they were unable or unwilling to order the replacement range cover hinge (a warranty item as it failed the first trip out) for my Classic that they sold me. I have spared them my angst and taken all of my custom and service work elsewhere. They lost out on tens of thousands of dollars of profitable custom work at their shop rates.

I know it would have been even more expensive there because of all the trips to rework the shoddy job yet again.

Finding an excellent independent shop where they stand behind their work is imperative to my serenity. I am unwilling to do business with folks that just end up getting me angry or upset and could care less about their lack of workmanship.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:15 AM   #243
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Finding an excellent independent shop where they stand behind their work is imperative to my serenity. I am unwilling to do business with folks that just end up getting me angry or upset and could care less about their lack of workmanship.
Maybe this is the reason I drove over 9 hours away to have my solar installed by Vinnie's Northbay Airstream!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #244
Ralph A. Clevenger

2010 16' Sport
Santa Barbara , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_cool View Post
The cooling kit I manufacture is quieter and superior than the factory fan, plus if you got the double side vent, you don't have to remove the refer to install. The whole kit is less than the 50 some dollars one fan mentioned in this thread costs. I'm not busting on anybody's modifications, but just letting people know there is a kit available if they want it.
You mention your cooling kit, is there a link to learn more?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #245
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble1 View Post
You mention your cooling kit, is there a link to learn more?
Welcome to the forum bubble1! You realize the post you have quoted is from 2007?
Old 01-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #246
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Oro Valley , Arizona
Sourcing fan bracket

I'm replacing the OEM fan with two Noctua fans. Does anyone know where I can find another metal fan bracket just like the one holding the original fan that came on my 2015 FC25. See photo if I was successful uploading it. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #247
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonastream View Post
I'm replacing the OEM fan with two Noctua fans. Does anyone know where I can find another metal fan bracket just like the one holding the original fan that came on my 2015 FC25. See photo if I was successful uploading it. Thanks for your help.
Doesn't look like you were able to attach a photograph. If yours is similar to other installations you can purchase small pieces of angle at a big-box home center or a well-stocked hardware store. I suspect the bracket you refer to is made of 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2 inch aluminum angle that's 1/16 or 1/8 inch thick. Cut it to length, drill a few holes, use a few screws to attach it to the interior frame of the compartment door and presto... another bracket.

I know that's an oversimplified explanation but it's should be achievable with a few basic tools. If you don't have the skill or tools ask a neighbor to help.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #248
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Oro Valley , Arizona
Thanks NVESTYSLY, Actually I have already installed the aluminum angle you suggested. What I'm looking for is the oem piece between the angle and the fan's corner mounting holes. I think I've found something similar on EBay. It's a Domteic one, two, or three fan mounting bracket. With a small alteration it will allow my two fans to hang like the original. Sorry about the photo and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:08 PM   #249
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
On my 2017 FC 23D, just received, the fan is installed directly on the coils? See picture below. It's the noisy cheap fan, I have a nocturnal to replace it. I'm going to see if this new design works, if not Switz above did a really cool install that I might copy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1484802503.834040.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	278402

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1484802520.000502.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	278403

Thx
Troutboy
Old 01-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #250
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When I saw how Airstream mounted the fan in the top vent opening behind the refrigerator in our 2015 23D International Serenity, I knew it was a poor design that really would not pull "cooling" air past the coils. So we made a blank out plate with three fans that forces the cooling air to come in the bottom vent and come past the coils to exit at the top opening.

We wired the three fans using a relay to come on only when the Vitrifrigo refrigerator's Danfoss compressor is running. These are very quiet fans I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2601 copy.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	278444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2642 copy.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	278445  

Name:	IMG_2643 copy.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	278446  

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #251
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
When I saw how Airstream mounted the fan in the top vent opening behind the refrigerator in our 2015 23D International Serenity, I knew it was a poor design that really would not pull "cooling" air past the coils. So we made a blank out plate with three fans that forces the cooling air to come in the bottom vent and come past the coils to exit at the top opening.

We wired the three fans using a relay to come on only when the Vitrifrigo refrigerator's Danfoss compressor is running. These are very quiet fans I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That looks like a very good installation. The fans will definitely pressurize the cavity and the only way for air to exit the system is to flow up the back of the refrigerator coils and out the upper (or roof) vent.

I may change my installation now that I've seen yours.
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #252
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Switz, where did you get that cool switch?

Thanks,
Troutboy