Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #1

2015 28' International
Ocala , Florida
refridgerator not working

Help.....Plugged in the power to our 2015 International Signature to get the refrigerator going, and the refrigerator is not working, not on electric or gas...any suggestions?
Trying to go away this week end, not cooking would be great (lol).., but I want my fridge working...help!!!
dburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Well, no. But maybe we can narrow it down a bit. Does the control board light up when you hit the "ON" switch? Your trailer has circuit breakers to protect appliances from electrical irregularities (voltage spikes, etc.) Without your 115v AC connect to shore power, can you hear the fridge trying to ignite gas: click, click. You probably know a gas absorption fridge takes a good 8 hours or longer to cool down. You have to wait until morning to feel the cool IF your control board displays the correct indicator lights per your manual.

I had a Dometic fridge failure some time ago. It ran okay on 115v AC. But when I unplugged the trailer, the control board lit the "not running" indicator light. The problem was the circuit board that controls the fridge. This fridge was only one year old. It may be your new fridge has a defect from the factory. Your dealer can fix it on the warranty program if need be.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #3

2015 28' International
Ocala , Florida
Hi David, thanks, We plugged it into the house power so we could get the fridge going before we headed out this week end. The light is on, I have set the temp and the control for Auto, but nothing is happening. We tried it on propane and again nothing. It will not get cold! The last time we used the trailer was January and everything worked fine....not sure what has gone wrong Luckily we are 45 minutes from a dealer, we will take it up there tomorrow and with any luck , they can fix it.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntsville , Alabama
I just had the same problem with my Dometic. If the display on the fridge is working it should give you a error code that you can check in your manual. I read a old post that suggested turning the fridge off, disconnecting from both shore power and battery power to try and "reset" the fridge. Then try and turn it on again. That did not work and my error code was E3. I called Dometic and they had me reset the temp sensor on the outside of the unit. It is a small button behind a heat shield. If you call Dometic, they can give you some suggestions but mine was a bad circuit board that had to be replaced. There is also a fuse at the circuit board. The ice chest always works.
Dale
RDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #5

2015 28' International
Ocala , Florida
Thanks Dale, I will check that and give it a try. Just a bit frustrating, glad I checked it today and did not leave it until Friday.