Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Out w/the old and in w/New@or Donor Parts

Hey all, long time.. two years of hospitals and doctors orders no labor.. well anyway I need to get this Man Cave done.. I would like to address to those that have sent or delivered parts to me this year. One person a really big thanks "Ronnic" from Colorado.. anyway I really wanted to keep the appliances in the Airstream so he brought over a donor frig and it took two days to get it done and it works great. I do have one question, does anyone know what the wires that are pulled from the wall at the top I have a photo posted really would like to know what they are for.. anyway.. this week end I hopefully will be able to put down the floor.. Once again thanks to all..

Airdaddy
Wichita, Kansas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	135513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	135514  

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	135515  
Airdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Airdaddy IIRC those are the wires for the thermostat that controls the air conditioner. It mounts on the bulkhead wall forward of the fridge.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Wasagachris, Thanks for the reply never would of thought that was the control to the a/c. The control to the heater is in the rear of the A/S. Anyway one other question. Do you or anyone else know where I can receive the diagram to the Frig gas hook up and parts needed. I do however need the gas control knob..

Airdaddy

Wichita, Kansas
Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Smile Frig Hook Up Propane???

Here are photos to the back of the frig.. Need help on hooking up propane..
Also need front knob.. Lower left hand side of frig... any help out there?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0974.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	135555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	135556  

Old 07-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Airdaddy,

I would start looking for a Service Manual for that trailer.

I hear they are sold in printed form, but someone mentioned that they have also been scanned and put on a CD and can perhaps be found on that large auction site.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Aage: Thanks for the reply, if I may ask, who would have it on disk and where would I start looking. I am new at this even though I have been a part of this site of almost a year or so.. I have a manual for the year make and model, just need more info on operational use.. I would hate to go buy a new one after all that I have done to the original.. It works great on 110 and 12v, just need to make sure the propane is working with out gassing me out!! Lol

Once again Thanks

Airdaddy
Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Bench test it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdaddy View Post
Aage: Thanks for the reply, if I may ask, who would have it on disk and where would I start looking. I am new at this even though I have been a part of this site of almost a year or so.. I have a manual for the year make and model, just need more info on operational use.. I would hate to go buy a new one after all that I have done to the original.. It works great on 110 and 12v, just need to make sure the propane is working with out gassing me out!! Lol

Once again Thanks

Airdaddy
Airdaddy, Test it outside on the drive or in your garage. Use a small propane tank of the "grill" (20 lb.) size. You can make up a bottle to regulator to fridge (flex hose) LP line at your local Propane dealer. They will test it so you only need to test your connection at the fridge. Once you are satisfied that it is working correctly on gas you can install it in the trailer. If you are unsure as to how to hook it up in the trailer let the pros at your propane dealer or local RV dealer service shop do it for you. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:

Once again Thanks

Airdaddy
Well, I did an ebaY search and found this one. The disc has the '75 Service Manual and Owner's Manual, so it could be useful.

The same seller also has printed ones for a lot more, and of course the shipping is a lot more as well.

I don't know the seller and have no connection at all to him or his sale, but I did notice that he has a good feedback rating.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
I believe the propane line hooks up to where the red plug is in your first picture left side.
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1969 27' Overlander
Wichita , Kansas
Aage, Biged52, and Vent Port.. Thanks, all info is very important.. I did not know that hooking up propane to the unit on the work bench could be done and yet be safe.. I am looking up on Ebay for the Disk.. however once again thanks to all ... Keep on Streamn!! lol
Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Quote:
Aage, Biged52, and Vent Port.. Thanks, all info is very important.. I did not know that hooking up propane to the unit on the work bench could be done and yet be safe.. I am looking up on Ebay for the Disk.. however once again thanks to all ... Keep on Streamn!! lol
That's how the dealers test them! fyi, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
I agree with bench testing the unit outside. At least in my experience, barbeque grill regulators produce the same 11" water column pressure you need in your trailer. A 20# bottle is easy to find (or borrow in my case). I tested both the fridge and the heater this way before reinstalling them.

Great schematics and discussions on how these fridges work can be found at rvmobile.com. The guy there gave me good advice, but seemed impatient if I hadn't read what he had on the website before calling him.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote