Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Norcold Model 624?????

Hello all I have a Norcold 624 in my 63 safari. I never got it to light on gas caust the saftey valve was leaking and I don't think i left it on 120 V long enought to cool down, I have read here it can take up to 24 hrs??? to cool down??? Anyways does anyone have any tech. info on this reefer aka how to check elec. switch that comes on when you switch from gas to elec., or how to test thermostat and heating element? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Don
srgntpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
norcold 624 fridge

i too have a norcold 624 fridge in my 62 globetrotter.also i have the manuals on such.dont easily give in if at first your fridge dosent lite easily on propane or needs a heating element. i can walk you thru this easily. i just bought an original airstream factory heating element at ideal rv in redwood city calif for 4999 bnd mine is now working properly on prpane or gas. patience will get you there. i just got home from work. p.m. me with your e mail. i am setting up my new digital phone camera this week. i will e mail you photos of the element and how to get to it.the thermostat can ha ve bad spots in it also and you should plug the fridge in on direct 110 to check it. only two wires are involved but you have to pull the heater element from a paper packed tube and re pack . i would direct jump the coils to test it first before removing the element. when they start to go the fridge will ventilate heat and a burnt smell. theygo bad from operation without the chemical encircling the element (fridge ran while not level. my original one lasted 42 years till last month. talk more later wayne wunder62 globetrotter/99 safari w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#1859
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:55 PM   #3

Hartford , Alabama
624/626 GE Norcold

Hello there! I’m trying to find my heating element in a 624 GE norcold fridge. Hoping y’all are able to see this! Also looking for a manual or if y’all figured out how to fix it?
vjb1230 is offline   Reply With Quote