Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
ShinyPete, if this doesn't work, I'll try your method next. I really appreciate all of the help from everyone (especially on a Sunday morning, now Sunday evening). We thought it was working again this morning, then we had more adventures that I won't go into here, but our focus was diverted. Then we had to get on the road.

We are actually in the process of moving across country and the Airstream was in leue (I know that's spelled wrong, but I'm tired) of hotels and restaurants. Our moving van is going to arrive ahead and will be waiting on us, so we need to make haste.
BKuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Lancaster , Texas
Last summer, our fridge was barely cool. We decided we had overloaded it and blocked the air circulation. Decreasing the load solved the problem.

On another trip, we destroyed our fridge by driving on a washboard road. A very definite strange odor indicates death of your fridge. We added a block of ice and used it as a cooler for the duration of our trip. No freezer, but well insulated cooler.

Good luck!
mguinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:35 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Check the operations manual under Error Codes, and see if 5.1 is an error.

We have a 2011, and a year ago the reefer and freezer stopped working. We had gone through a rain storm and I think the electronics got wet. I messed with it at the camp ground that night to no avail. The next morning I checked all electrical connections and nothing was blown. I then followed the reset procedures, then the refer turned on and resumed normal operation.

Also we have found that we need to check the doors as we close them, they don't always "click" closed.

Good Luck...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
LP is full and working (stove, furnace, and water heater). I'm going to see if I can find error codes. I think there are a couple of docs/manuals missing in our packet.
BKuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote