Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
Alamogordo , New Mexico
Leaky Dometic? What's that water stain?

Hi all.
I pulled up the old shag carpet in my 1972, 26' Argosy today, and I found some rot near the door (I expected that). I also found some water staining that perfectly follows the outline of the refrigerator. Unfortunately, there is also some serious rot on the floor near the front corner of the refrigerator. I haven't tried using the fridge yet, and I know it hasn't been used for 10 years. I see some duct tape around the base of it. Could the water damage come from a refrigerator?
BentMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Hard to imagine how the fridge could be the culprit unless the previous owner allowed it to ice up, then melt down when the trailer wasn't used. I think I would look around for water lines nearby or leaks down from the ceiling (vent pipe nearby? AC drain?) that would pool at that corner. The carpet would keep the moisture on the floor and wick it around the fridge even if there was very little water to begin with.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
Alamogordo , New Mexico
You're probably right

I haven't seen any water leak issues in the ceiling area. I know I have some window gaskets that need replaced, and the only area where it's obvious that water came in from outside is near the door. Thanks, though. I'll just replace the lines.
BentMetal is offline   Reply With Quote