Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Help me turn this Dometic thing on!!

When we winterized our Airstream back in November, the Dometic Fridge was working just fine. This weekend, when we went to get things ready for the season at our campground, I couldn't get the unit to turn on to the electricity. It seems like the problem is the switch which converts the power between gas and electric isn't doing right. It looks like this may have been a problem for the previous owners as well because the pole (the part the knob sits on) looks like it was chewed up by pliers. I know now I should have just left it in the proper position but since this was my first winterizing- totally "off" seemed like a good idea. I checked the back of the unit where the switch mechanism is and it didn't seem like it was making a proper connection. There's this plastic arc thing that doesn't seem to want to get locked to the electric side. Now, we don't use the gas to run this as electricity comes with the lot rent for the campsite. Can this switch be by-passed? Has anyone out there done that? I can't afford to replace this unit right now so any help that you might have would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
74Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 09:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Mine did the same thing. The plastic arc flips a toggle switch, I would just turn it on if all you ever use is 120.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote