Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Heating Element RM66

Can someone give me a step by step on replacing the heating emement? Pictures would help!

I took the old element out in the fall to get the part number and order a new one. I expected to put it back together right away, but life got in my way and now I dont remember how the heating element attached.

Does it point up or down?
What holds it in?

There's a wiring diagram so atleast I know how the leads connect.

Lesson learned, take pictures or notes, you won't always remember how it came apart, or more imprtantly, how it goes back together!

Thanks!
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Seguin , Texas
A timely post...
I need the same information. In my case, the refer is a Norcold unit. Apparently, I will have to disconnect a gas line, the electricals, and remove some screws to pull the unit out of the wall in order to gain access to the rear. Has anyone out there done this? I downloaded the manual for this unit from the Norcold website.

On my previous RV, I replaced the element on a Dometic unit. On that model, the element slipped into a well. It is critical that the replacement element is the correct one for the unit as its length, dimensions, and placement ensure that heat will be delivered to a critical spot.
If your Dometic is made the same, find the well and you are home free.
Pileus is offline   Reply With Quote