Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Frig replacement....

Well, after 4 yrs. of trying to find an original replacement for our '62 Overlander (to no avail) I have decided to go with a Dometic "Americana Series" RM 2551. Fit will be no problem, and I will be able to use the original side panel and formica top to boot. Any customization (if any) will be no problem. My question; Has anyone or does anyone have any expierence's with this model, good or bad? Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Thumbs up Close, but not quite

I have the Americana series RM2452. Basically, they are all pretty much the same boxes except for size of the cooling unit and watts of the electric elements.

Mine has been really great. It cools down quickly and will freeze the refrigerator contents in mid-summer if I'm not careful. The only hitch is that the thermostat must be set to almost the off position to prevent things from freezing. I would expect that the thermostat should be at least half-scale to get the refrigerator portion below freezing.

Once I got used to where to set it, I can't fault it.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote