Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Fridge won't turn on

Greetings,

We are getting the A/S ready for the season, so I went to start the Refrigerator (Dometic...not apparrently on recall) nothing happened. no light, no nothing when pushing the on button. I checked the fuse in the controller and it looks good. Other items attached to the fuse seem to work (Range Fan).

IS(are) there other fuses? It did this once last season, it didn't turn on on a warm afternoon, but did turn on the next morning when things were cool.

I plan on checking to see if the electric is even getting to the unit this afternoon, but as usual, if any forums member has an idea I would really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Pat
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Did you replace the fuse in the circuit board?
Sometimes they look good but are not.
Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Moflash,

I got it turned on! I tested the fuses on the circuit board and everything else in the back that I could get too. it all seemed pretty tight. so I went to the front and checked the buttons and such at the top of the freezer door, I took it apart and just tightened any connection i could find, put it back together and, low and behold the thing started. I am now making sure its cooling. Thanks for the help. BTW, i found that I have a fuse tester, it came with a package of extra fuses I bought a couple years ago.

Thanks,

Pat
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Greetings,

We are getting the A/S ready for the season, so I went to start the Refrigerator (Dometic...not apparrently on recall) nothing happened. no light, no nothing when pushing the on button. I checked the fuse in the controller and it looks good. Other items attached to the fuse seem to work (Range Fan).

IS(are) there other fuses? It did this once last season, it didn't turn on on a warm afternoon, but did turn on the next morning when things were cool.

I plan on checking to see if the electric is even getting to the unit this afternoon, but as usual, if any forums member has an idea I would really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Pat
I am new to airstreaming and my refrigerator also stopped working. I have a 2007 25' International Safari Ed. The freezer is fine but the refrigerator just doesn't seem to be cooling. I am also a little technically/mechanically challenged.

So my questions are:

Where is the Controller and how do you access it?
Is the circuit board the one by the floor under the lavatory, and is that the panel which has breakers and fuses?
Which fuse works the refrigerator?
Thanks
Philip
pdvasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
My Safari does not have a controller (adjustable thermostat) for the fridge. The temperature settings are automatic, not adjustable.

The box with breakers is 120v. It has a gray metal access panel (door)

My Safari has a 12v fuse box behind the front sofa. It has a white plastic cover. It is right above the converter. I have to fold down the sofa in order to get to it.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Springfield , Missouri
Are you running on LP or electric?Have you put a thermometer in the Refrigerator?What is the temp?Is the trailer level ?
Old 06-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdvasquez View Post
... I have a 2007 25' International Safari Ed. The freezer is fine but the refrigerator just doesn't seem to be cooling. ...
Welcome to the forum, let's see if we can help.

There really isn't a separate control for the freezer and fridge sections. It is normal for the freezer to get cold before you notice much of anything in the fridge. Before assuming something is amiss, just leave it on overnight and see if the fridge is down to 40° F or lower in the morning. We are familiar with how our residential compressor driven refrigerators perform and the RV counterparts are a different animal.

If it's not functioning properly by tomorrow, then further PD is warranted. I've heard of folks having a bad door light switch so that the bulb stayed on all the time and generated enough heat to impact fridge performance.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflash View Post
Are you running on LP or electric?Have you put a thermometer in the Refrigerator?What is the temp?Is the trailer level ?
I am running on electric. Havent tried the LP yet. Trailer is level.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
I will try to get it running for a while. Unfortunately we have the AS parked on our country ranch about 100 miles form the big city of Ft. Worth.

We shut down the entire power supply being afraid that the freezer running alone would damage the unit.

We are planing on taking it out on the 4th so maybe we can run out on the 3rd and get the refrig fired up and hopefully when we go back the next day we be pleasantly surprised.

Also we will look for the fuse box as indicated by Airstream Forums - View Profile: A W Warn
and will check the fuses as well.

Thank you,

Philip
Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Springfield , Missouri
Did you measure the temp in the refrigerator ?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
No, I just know it isnt even cool.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdvasquez View Post
No, I just know it isnt even cool.
Any update on trying to figure this out?