Old 05-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Punta Gorda , Where the hook-ups are
Send a message via Yahoo to 6wheeler
fridge problems

I'm sure that a bunch of the Streamers will jump all over this one but here goes anyway. This is our third A/S and we've been doin it for over ten years. As I go down the page regarding fridge problems I can't help but notice the various problems we have with the Dometics. Undstand, this is a great fridge for RVing. We just replaced ours which was original in our 92 34' with an apartment sized. Granted, we can't boondock unless we have a generator. But if not, no hairdryer, toaster, micro, tv. satalite and other niceities that my wife enjoys. OK so do I. $300. vs. $1400. I think if I do the numbers here I've got plenty of funds left for a big generator that will store in the truck and run everything. Now our freezer freezes. We actually have frozen icecream. No woodworking was required and the stainless door looks great. We still travel and after 5 or 6 hours on the road I'm ready to pull over anyway. I just think it's the way to go unless your a bondockin A/S and if so, go for it. I'm 68 years old and I enjoy some of the things I worked all my life for. By the way, we've been fulltimming for 10 years but still travel alot between our favorite spots. Your thoughts?

Old 05-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
i think you are doing good for what you need and to have money left for a genny all the better.

i rebuilt my fridge in my 92 with a new cooling unit for around 500. it was a fair amount of work to do it.

i like to have my beer cold when i arrive and that was the main reason for the rebuild.

btw, welcome to the forum!

john

Old 05-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Thanks John.......I've been with the forum for several years as FlaAirstream butm for some reason I wasn't able to get back in????? By the way NICE RIDE!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
i can speak with one of the administrators if you would like to merge your old and new accounts.

just let us know..

john
Old 05-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hd
i can speak with one of the administrators if you would like to merge your old and new accounts.

just let us know..

john
Thanks John but I'm ok with what we've got right now. I enjoy the forums to get and give info but not a steady one. We try to enjoy the mountain air here in NC but today is big time windy with some showers. Golf is on so I'm multi tasking. Keeping an eye on these huge oak around us. They've with stood many storms but still make me a wee bit nervous. Have a great afternoon.