Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Local problem

Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Oh, one of the dry ice in the water bottle crowd.

Have fun. Saw one of you guys in the ER just a while back, minus 3 fingers.

Oh that idiot;,He probably already was missing his fingers, was out on the water "noodling" or some other fool thing. They never give you the facts as to what really happened to get them in the ER.

doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1965 22' Safari
California , Kentucky
dry ice just fine

I towed the trailer on it's maiden voyage from KY to west Co and the dry ice in the bottom of the fridge worked perfectly! I am considering cutting an access hole in the side of the trailer, then one in the back of the Dometic (after removing the cooling unit) so I can access my cold refreshing beverages from outside. I do not anticipate a problem with a FO( Future owner) as I the CO (current owner) have stipulated in my will to be interred in the Safari (along with the blood sweat and tears) The family plot is plenty big enough and my cousin has a track hoe that he said can do the job! Who knows.. some
FAA (future alien archeologist) might find the stream and after more blood (green?) sweat and tears might use that access hole to add a star drive and head out to distant galaxy's far far away....... thanks to all for the insight and help. RR

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Dry ice can make the plastic interior & door shelve tubs on refrigerators brittle from the extreme cold - wrap the dry ice in a towel and place in a metal pan on a rack, then be gentle loading or tossing glass/canned beverages around...

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote