Old 12-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #29
Rivet Idiot
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Over Yonder , Florida
Update still will not stay lit

Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
OK, I installed a new Thermocouple, cleaned the burner and tip for gas. It still will light, run about three mins and shut down. The whole time it is sparking like it does not know it is lit. All the trouble shooting guides say Thermocouple, but I installed a bran new one and still have the problem. The tip glows red so I know it is getting hot.
It is a Dometic model 2803 probably original in 1990. The local AS dealer says it is way past lifetime most parts are really expensive. New ones he said last about 5 to 10 years. Anybody got any suggestions as to a low cost quick fix.
Is it time to replace? If so, what should I put in?
Attached is a picture of the flame. Does it look normal?
Thanks for looking,
OK, I have replaced the thermocouple and put in a new board. Thanks Andy for the part number. It still does the same thing. It lights and gets a great flame. It keeps sparking for about 3 minutes and then shuts down, flame goes out. Now up to about $190 with the thermocouple and board.
Any suggestions?

AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off