Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Painesville Twp , Ohio
Dometic won't stay lit

I have a new-to-me 1972 Overlander with a newer Dometic fridge. It is an AC/Gas unit. Works ok on AC. Not very cold. I just got my gas tanks and lines updated. When trying with gas, the gas ignites, and then goes out 1-3 minutes later. Anyone know how to fix this?

Gas cooktop works, so I'm pretty certain it's getting gas.

hagnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
How long ae you waiting to check on how cold it gets? It usually takes about 20 hours to get the whole box cooled down. I would check the thermo couple to make sure it is in contact with the flame. When the thermostat calls for the burner to kick back could be when it goes out. If the thermocouple looks all fuzzy and has junk on the end, you might try cleaning it, but it probably should be replaced.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off