Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
dometic woes

I have a RM 2800 refer . The elec to gas switch is worn and does not allways turn the element on. I am considering putting a in service light on the element side of the switch and putting it in the wall by the refer so I will know when the power is on to the element. When I say worn I mean when you turn it to ac power you have to sometimes move the switch slightly one way or the other to get it in the right spot to come on.I put a meter on the element leads and had my wife move the switch and you could tell when it comes on. Since there is an inservice light on the hot water heater ,I would think It would work on the refer. Any Ideas???
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Sounds good and really innovative to me.

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel
I have a RM 2800 refer . The elec to gas switch is worn and does not allways turn the element on. ...Since there is an inservice light on the hot water heater ,I would think It would work on the refer. Any Ideas???
Were you planning to replace the switch? The switch on my unit appears to be standard (easily obtained item).

If you do go with the indicator light, make sure to keep in mind how it will look in the dark i.e. will it annoy anyone in the middle of the night?

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
Refer Switch

I found a light with a cover on it so you could lift it to check and then drop it to block the light. I am going to look into replacing the switch also but will still have the light to check it with . We were in Sioux Falls SD when it did not work the first time and before I knew it was the switch I had put in a new element. When I checked the switch it was in the right spot and showed it was good.Thanks for the input
joel is offline   Reply With Quote