Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #61

1994 21' Sovereign
San Diego , California
Dometic Refrigerator Unit Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraw View Post
Has any Member dealt with the RV Fridgehouse in Arkansas..here is a link to their web site.
Thinking of purchasing a replacement cooling unit for my RM 3804.
Thanks
chris
http://www.rvfridgehouse.com/
Hi Chris,
It's been awhile since I last corresponded on Air Forums. But thankfully, when I needed information about my refrigerator, John HD had provided a very informative layout for doing such. I chose to go with RVCoolingUnit via ebay. At the time, I worked directly with the representative, David Force.

Dave coached me through the pains of replacing my unit. That was awhile ago (2012). So, I would contact him directly to inquire about the unit you're looking for. I just did a search on ebay and found a listing (which typically, suggest that these units are rebuilt by the Amish community) for a DM2652RBX cooling unit. My unit was different. But I wanted to confirm that they were still in business before I referred you to them.

I received a 5yr warranty with my unit and it's still functioning very well. This was a great savings compared to a brand new unit.

David Force
901-337-9948
www.rvcoolingunit.com
www.rvcoolingunit.net

Best wishes towards finding a replacement.
Regards,
Randy
RandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Randy..just an update. Currently, the 350LE is having the Dometic 3804 cooling unit replaced by a guy in Kerville Texas who sells ATCO replacement cooling units. He quoted me $485 plus freight for the Dometic cooling unit itself plus around $100 freight. Further discussion ended-up him agreeing to remove and install the cooling unit for a total of $800. Who could refuse that to avoid umpteen hours of frustrating knuckle grazing hours? Might cost a bit more it seems as he's had to remove the buffet seat back to clear the unit out of the RV! I'll post a final review but right now
chriscraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Collected the newly refrigerated 350LE on the weekend. With new cooling unit and thermostat, the old Dometic RM3804 works like a charm on all three power sources and in the middle of the usual Texas summer heat!
As above, although the quote was $800, the actual cost escalated to $1045 . This was due to the additional labor of removing the rear buffet bench seat, the lounge chair nearest the door (all so as to be able to get the unit out for repair) and a replacement thermostat and sensor (hard to find apparently). Having seen what was required to get the unit out and back in, I'm more than happy with the expense and finished job. Name of guy is BJ and he's near Kerrville, Texas in Center Point. Phone number is (580)247-0073. Then stayed at the Kerrville-Schreiner Park operated by the city of Kerrville. Good value at $28 per night for a 50 amp full hook-up right on the Guadelupe river.
chriscraw is offline   Reply With Quote