Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1962 22' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Question Dometic fridge lower vent question

I am installing a new Dometic refrigerator in my 62" Flying Cloud. The installation instructions call for both a top and bottom vent. There is what appears to be an original vent door where I am installing the fridge that says "In hot weather leave door open". It doesn't seem like this would provide much air intake, so does anybody know if this will provide adequate air intake if it is not open when it is not hot? Or should I consider replacing it with some sort of louvered vent? I hate to take it off as it is kind of cool! As always your input is appreciated!

FLYNCLD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent Door.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	76651  
FLYNCLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNCLD View Post
I am installing a new Dometic refrigerator in my 62" Flying Cloud. The installation instructions call for both a top and bottom vent. There is what appears to be an original vent door where I am installing the fridge that says "In hot weather leave door open". It doesn't seem like this would provide much air intake, so does anybody know if this will provide adequate air intake if it is not open when it is not hot? Or should I consider replacing it with some sort of louvered vent? I hate to take it off as it is kind of cool! As always your input is appreciated!

FLYNCLD
There should be a vent that is cut into the floor.

The air then flows from underneath the trailer, thru the floor, up the backside of the reefer, and then out of the reefer roof vent.

Leaving that door open in very hot weather, would simple add more air supply.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote